JCR-UK have a great article, written by Rabbi Dr Bernard Susser in 1994, on the history of Brondesbury Synagogue in particular and the migration of Jews from London’s East End to other districts during the late 19th century in general. The original building, pictured above, was constructed in 1905 in a distinctive moorish style. Principle founders and benefactors included Solomon Barnett. A fire in 1965 caused serious damage. The synagogue closed in 1974, reopening as a mosque: the Imam Khloei Islamic Centre. Read the article here.
Hidden Treasures: Celebrating the documents, photos and artefacts in British archives that tell the story of Jews in Britain